Safeguarding Children and Adults

It's up to all of us to keep children safe

The above leaflet provides information on what to do if you are concerned that a child may be suffering abuse. This leaflet is provided by Bristol City Council.

Call First Response Bristol if you are concerned about a child

First Response Bristol are all responsible for the care and welfare of children

If you need support with parenting or you think that your child needs some help from children’s services in Bristol, you can phone the First Response Bristol team on 0117 903 6444.

If you are concerned about a child that is not yours you should also contact First Response Bristol to share your concerns.

First Response Bristol gives the right help, in the right place, at the right time. See the attached flyer for more information about the support available through First Response.

If the child is at immediate risk call the Police on 999. When our offices are closed call the Emergency Duty Team - 01454 615 165.

First Response Leaflet

Contacting a social worker

If you need to contact someone about a child who has a social worker please contact the social worker at their area social work office.

Phone lines for all our offices are open Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm.

Social work contact details: children and young people

Do you work with children?

Anyone who works with children has a role in safeguarding and child protection. If you have any concerns you can seek advice and information from a Social Work Assessment Team. Further information and guidance is available in the section 'BSCB - for Professionals' or 'South West Child Protection Procedures' (in the related links section).

Reporting suspected abuse of Adults

Reporting suspected abuse in adults