Free NHS Health Checks
You will be offered a free NHS check at the practice, if eligible, to help prevent heart disease, strokes, diabetes and kidney disease.
Are you eligible?
If you are between the ages of 40 and 74 and are not already being treated at the practice for heart or kidney disease, stroke, diabetes, hypertension, atrial fibrillation, transient ischaemic attack (TIA), high cholesterol or peripheral arterial disease, you will be eligible for a 30 minute health check with our Healthcare Assistant.
Your health check will:
- find out if you are at risk from some health problems
- tell you how to look after your health
- help you change things in your life to make your health better in the future.
To find out more either:
- visit nhs.uk/nhshealthcheck
- pick up a leaflet from the Practice
How will we contact you if eligible?
We are permitted by NHS England to offer healthcare checks to up to 20% of the eligible patients each year so invitations will be sent out on a phased basis.